For (impedance-controlled) high-frequency PCBs, Multi-CB offers Rogers 4350B material with improved dielectric properties. Rogers-4000 materials are based on ceramics, are more homogeneous in the material mix and thus more reliable in terms of signal integrity (e.g. significantly lower loss factor, tan d).
A hybrid layer buildup of Rogers 4350B and FR4 material combines several advantages. The critical layers are built up with a high-tech Rogers core and then pressed with common FR4 prepreg.
Your advantages with hybrid buildup:
- Optimised low loss material properties in the high-frequency layers
- Lower price due to material mix
- Time saving, due to high material availability
- Fixed distance from outer- to reference-layer thanks to thickness-stable Rogers cores
- Defined layer structure with impedance examples
- Improved adhesion between the layers, thanks to higher resin content in FR4 prepreg (cf. Rogers/Rogers construction)
- Greatly improved mechanical stability compared to a plain Rogers buildup
- High reliability of the PCBs due to high-quality, process-safe and proven buildups