For cost-saving or technical reasons (such as improved assembly), multiple circuit boards may be combined to form one large board, a “panel”. This panel is then produced just as a single large circuit board. A separation of the panel does not occur!
Always consult with your assembly partner about the panel design; take note of (for example) fiducial marks and capture holes! A damaged circuit board (according to E-test) will not be removed from the panel, but rather marked. This must be observed during assembly.
- Multiplier: The same circuit board repeated in the panel
- Mixed Multiplier: Different circuit boards composed into the panel
- Milling with bridges to break out (IMPORTANT: 2.0mm or 10mm spacing, see below!)
- Milling / scoring combination
Prices for panel creation
- Panel data provided by the customer: no extra charge
- Panel composed by Multi-CB: surcharge starting from € 100,00 (plus VAT)
- Milling is always free-of-charge at Multi-CB
The Multi-CB technology hotline will assist you: +44 (0)1425 489 111.
Example for milling/scoring combination
When designing the panel, please observe that a spacing of 0.0mm is calculated between scored parts, and preferably 2.4mm between milled parts.
All conductor traces and copper areas should have a spacing of at least 500µm from the scoring edge, and at least 200µm from the milling edge!
Example for milling - scoring combination as PDF.