Scoring (also known as v-cut) is used for mechanical pre-separation of circuit boards. A V-shaped breaking line is formed in the circuit board with a precision cutting tool. Please observe the following rules:
- The circuit boards spacing in the layout is 0.0mm
- Scoring lines must be straight; horizontal and vertical lines are possible, and always run from circuit board outer edge to circuit board outer edge
- Jump scoring is possible. Please note that the roller blade of the scoring machine requires an entry and exit path. Therefore, the starting or end point of a scoring line must not be directly adjacent to the next circuit board, a distance of 15mm is necessary
- PCBs down to a minimum thickness of 0.8mm (on request 0.5mm as special production) can be scored. Where applicable, scoring is done one-sided.
- If you separate the panel by hand, we recommend scoring only down to a minimum PCB thickness of 1mm for handling reasons.