Standard layer buildup
You can choose between three options for your multilayer buildup:
- Variable layer buildup (Standard) - Changing stackup according to availability [free of charge]
- Defined layer buildup - Multi-CB’s fixed stackup [free of charge]
- Custom layer buildup - Stackup according to your specifications
The differences are explained in the following.
Variable layer buildup (Standard)
As a standard, you get a variable layer buildup, which is defined by following parameters. The typical values are added:
- Material type [FR4]
- Final thickness [1,55mm]
- Cu outer layers (final) [35µm]
- Cu inner layers (final) [35µm]
The used prepregs and cores can vary. Due to this flexibility in production, you benefit from shortest production times.
The variable layer structure is the option most frequently chosen by our customers and is suitable for many applications.
Defined layer buildup
For certain applications it is necessary that the isolation thicknesses between the layers are defined, e.g. for impedances. For this purpose, Multi-CB offers the following defined layer buildups at no extra charge. The defined layer structures are available for PCB prototypes and series as well as in pool production.
Use our impedance layout examples to approximate your desired impedance values.
4 layers: 4L-01 (1.6mm)
4 layers: 4L-02 (1.0mm)
6 layers: 6L-01 (1.6mm)
8 layers: 8L-01 (1.7mm)
* Prepreg thicknesses after pressing, at approx. 80% copper utilization on the inner layers.
Defined layer buildup - your advantages with Multi-CB
- FR4 Tg150 at no extra charge for multilayers.
- High-quality, process-reliable and at the same time standard prepregs: high quality and long-term reliability of the circuit boards.
- Selectable with one click in the PCB online calculator. If you order by email, please include the buildup type (e.g. 4L-01) or send a screenshot of buildup.
- The layer buildups allow low copper utilization on the inner layers and can therefore be implemented for most customer layouts. The buildups are therefore suitable as a general recommendation, even before the final layout is determined.
- Shorter production time than the custom layer buildup (special production).
- Well suited for impedance applications on the outer layers and inner layers.
- With our layout examples for impedances, desired values for impedances can be approximated.
- Simple implementation of HDI, blind and buried vias (aspect ratio).
The defined layer buildup does not yet include impedance control! Impedance control comes with an extra charge in the PCB calculator.
Custom layer buildup
The custom layer buildup is special production.
Make your choice from the of common cores and prepregs. Please clarify the material availability with our technical department.
The custom layer buildup does not contain impedance control. If you need impedance control, please select it in the online calculator and provide us with your impedance requirements.