Standard layer buildup
You can choose between three options for your multilayer buildup:
- Variable layer buildup (Standard) - Changing stackup according to availability
- Defined layer buildup - Multi-CB’s fixed stackup
- Custom layer buildup - Stackup according to your specifications
The differences are explained in the following.
Variable layer buildup (Standard)
As a standard, you get a variable layer buildup, which is defined by following parameters. The typical values are added:
- Material type [FR4]
- Final thickness [1,55mm]
- Cu outer layers (final) [35µm]
- Cu inner layers (final) [35µm]
The used prepregs and cores can vary. Due to this flexibility in production, you benefit from shortest production times.
The variable layer buildup is the most common option selected by our customers. The variable layer buildup can be utilized in most applications.
Defined layer buildup
For certain applications it is necessary that the isolation thicknesses between the layers are defined, e.g. for impedances. For this, Multi-CB offers the following fixed defined layer buildups, which you can choose in the online calculator.
The defined layer buildup comes without surcharge.
4 layers: 4L-01 (1.6mm)
* Prepreg thicknesses after pressing, at approx. 80% copper utilization on the inner layers.
6 & 8 layers
The defined layer buildup does not include impedance control! An impedance control implies additional charges and can only be ordered with a custom layer buildup.
Custom layer buildup
The custom layer buildup is special production.
The custom layer buildup does not contain impedance control. If you need impedance control, please select it in the online calculator and provide us with your impedance requirements.